Any servers that are imported over your licence limit are placed into a quarantine area - This article provides information on the options for releasing servers from the quarantine area.
Releasing servers from the quarantine area is performed by Administrators and accessed through SERVERS on the top banner and then QUARANTINED SERVERS from the left-hand menu - AppScore is licenced on the number of Servers that are in the SERVER INVENTORY
When Servers are imported into AppScore and the total number imported exceeds your licence limit you will receive the following notification on the top banner - "Licence Server Limit Exceeded" - To remediate this position you have several options
Any recommendations and scoring created whilst there are quarantined servers may have been calculated with incomplete data and therefore be less accurate.
- Update your licence to cover the total number of servers in the server inventory and the quarantined servers
- Update your licence for the number of servers required - Note: This may be less than the total number of servers in the server inventory and the quarantined servers
- Delete unwanted servers from the server inventory to free up available space and import the required quarantined servers
Upgrading and renewing licences is performed by Administrators and accessed through SETTINGS (Cog icon) in the top right-hand corner of the screen and then USERS from the left-hand menu - AppScore licence requests are to be sent to email@example.com with your CLIENT KEY and INSTALLATION KEY with the number of servers to be licenced.
Update your licence to cover the total number of servers
- Request a new licence from firstname.lastname@example.org for the total number of servers in the SERVER INVENTORY and QUARANTINED SERVERS
- Upon installation of a new licence, All QUARANTINED SERVERS will be automatically imported into the SERVER INVENTORY
You have successfully transferred all servers from the quarantine to the Server Inventory
Update your licence for the number of servers required
You are not allowed to install a licence that is lower than the number of servers in the SERVER INVENTORY
- Request a new licence from email@example.com for the number of servers required - This may be below the total number of servers in the SERVER INVENTORY and the QUARANTINED SERVERS screens
- To import quarantined servers go to the QUARANTINED SERVERS screen and from the list, choose the servers that you want to import into the SERVERS INVENTORY
- Click "Transfer X to Server Inventory (X spaces available)
You have successfully transferred some servers from the quarantine to the Server Inventory
Delete unwanted servers from the server inventory
Deleting unwanted servers from the SERVER INVENTORY is performed by Administrators, Power Users and Power Users Assigned through SERVERS on the top banner.
- Tick the box next to the server(s) that you want to delete
- Then click "Delete (X)"
- Type "Delete" in the confirmation pop-up box
Servers are not automatically imported from QUARANTINED SERVERS to the SERVER
INVENTORY when you delete servers
You have successfully deleted unwanted servers from the Server Inventory