You can include a different cloud provider in your 7Rs assessment - This article provides information on how to add a different cloud provider to your 7Rs assessment.
Adding a new cloud/service provider to be included in your AppScore assessment is performed by Administrators and accessed through SETTINGS (Cog icon) in the top right-hand corner of the screen and then GENERAL from the left-hand menu
AppScore provides the capability to add a different cloud provider in your 7Rs assessment. By default, AppScore uses AWS, Microsoft Azure, OCI and GCP in all 7Rs assessments, unless they have been excluded - Click here for the related article "How do I select different cloud providers?"
To include an alternative cloud provider in your AppScore 7Rs assessment
- Click "Settings", then "Operating Systems"
- Click "Export operating systems file"
- Open the file with an appropriate CSV reader (Excel as an example)
- Locate the Operating System name and in the column "isCloudAvailableOther" enter one of the following:-
- Out of Support
Supported = Supported by the cloud provider
Out of Support = Not supported by the cloud provider
- Here is an extract from an update to include Operating Systems available from the new cloud provider
Once the update has been completed, upload this new information into AppScore
- Click "Settings", then "Upload Control Data"
- Click "Select a file", locate the modified Operating System file then "Upload"
To include your cloud/service provider in your AppScore 7Rs assessment
- Click "Settings", then "General"
- Locate the section "Cloud Providers", then click "Edit"
- Tick the box "Other Cloud Provider"
- Provide the "Name to use for Other cloud provider" , then "Save"
You have successfully included the new cloud provider in your assessment